Sunday, December 23, 2012

Time on your hands

On the eve, of the eve, of the biggest display of consumerism in the world, the one thing I want, is the one thing I can't buy. 

Time.

Time to sit and watch Harris as he practices his Iron Man poses. 
Time to play game after game after game with Harper. 
Time to watch Graham play Basketball.
Time to talk to Doug. 
Time to write.

I had my second 3 month check up on Friday.  This time I went in with a lot less anxiety than last time.  After having every screening possible in the last 6 months, I could not imagine anything other than a clean test.

Which is exactly what happened.  3 more months of good living coming right up.

I had a moment on Saturday when I was trying to get Doug to tell me what he wanted for Christmas.  I am constantly trying to surprise him, to give him the unexpected, perfect gift.

He reminded me that the only thing he wanted was to experience life with me.

All he wanted was time.

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs