Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful - it's complicated

As I was waiting to pee on Tuesday, the patient across from me was also trying to find her way out of the recovery room.

The problem was she, "doesn't have any friends or any family, " and needed the nurse to call her a cab to take her to the homeless shelter.

She said this not 5 minutes after I had said to Doug, "I can't wait to get home to my warm and cozy bed."

So while I have a lot to be thankful for, that crystallized it even more.

Like I have said through the last year or so, it is the simple things that I appreciate more than anything.

But simply having friends and family who I not only love, but who love me back, seemed like a given.

Apparently that is not the case for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs