Saturday, August 18, 2012

"You should never never doubt what nobody is sure about.

I spent the entire day organizing my house.  We had big plans, that included a trip to the swimming pool with multiple families, but thanks to an overcast Oregon day those plans fizzled.

What I have been realizing, over the last few days, is that I am FINALLY getting my energy back.

After cleaning out the pantry, organizing the kids toys, scrubbing the nanny apartment,  going to Target, and multiple loads of laundry, Doug even noticed.

It is no wonder that instead of going to a party tonight I decided to stay home.

I am simply pooped.  Hard days work pooped.

The kids got their jammie's on, piled into my bed, and decided on a movie.

Tonight's choice, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite kids movie of all times.

Harper screamed with laughter when the golden hand took Grandpa Joe's hat.  I thought she may never recover from the surprise / silliness of it all.

Harris was worried when poor Augustus fell into the chocolate river, and even more so when he was sucked up into the tube.

Graham has  read the book, seen the movie, and researched the making of the movie on the Internet.  ("Mom, did you know that on Wikipedia it says that Rohl Dahl didn't like this movie?").  I have to keep shushing him - he keeps telling the little kids what is happening next.

As for me, I want to try and listen to what Wonka is trying to tell akk of us when he says,

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs