Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 388 - Who's there?

I am neither a religious or spiritual person, but sometimes things happen that make me stop dead in my tracks.

The morning after my father died, a group of family and friends were sitting in our family kitchen.  I was pouring a cup of coffee in one of my father's favorite glass mugs.  

I turned to my mom and said, "these remind me of dad".

To which she replied, "take some home, I always hated those mugs."

(yes I do take after my mother, yes if god forbid something were to happen to Doug I would let you take some of his stuff, and yes, I would probably let you do it the day after he died too).

Anyway.

I turned to our friends and family, held up my mug of coffee and said, "hey everyone, take home one of my dad's favorite coffee mugs, my dad loved them, but my mom hated them."

The second I finished my sentence, the cup shattered.

And no one took any home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs