Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 402 - NY

Last week I  needed to locate a new store location on a map.  The store happens to be in New York, so while I was at it, I decided to take a look at our old apartment in Brooklyn.

Thanks to Google Maps you simply type in your address, 39 Remsen, and there you are, looking at a place you lived over a decade ago.  If you feel like it you can literally take a virtual walk down memory lane.

I loved living in Brooklyn, and I am so glad Doug and I had a chance to experience the first years of our marriage and careers there.

The last 3 years we would ride the same subway together in the morning.  I was lucky to have the shorter commute and would kiss Doug goodbye as the N train took him further uptown.

It really was a pretty simple time.  When our work day was finished we would coordinate our ride home.  Doug would sit in the last car of the subway, and I would wait on the platform until he popped up.

On the ride home we would trade newspapers and read as we traveled under the river then back up into Brooklyn.

Our lives are so much different now.

I have loved each and every phase.

I wonder what's next.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs