Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 374 - Heartless

We have a drawer in the house where the weekly deluge of children's work lives.  I try to go through it once a week, saving the sweetest drawings, notes, and art projects.

Most of the time I only keep one or two things, and recycle the rest.  This has to be done under the cover of night, for if anyone in the house sees their work in the recycling bin, I have some explaining to do.

Doug can not even stand to be in the house when I undertake this simple project.  If it were up to him every single little paper would be saved.  Tonight as I was going through a pile, I asked him if he would take the cast offs down to the garage for me to which he replied, "I can not be a part of this!  I can't believe you are throwing any of it away!"

And he is serious. 

This is the man who still has the napkin that I wrote my phone number on the night we met.

Along with the movie ticket from our first date, every card I ever gave him, every extension cord he has ever owned, every old cell phone, Palm Pilot, and their chargers, a dozen hammers, shoes he wore in high school...

The other day he asked if I wanted to start collecting something and I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. 

Then I said, "Jewelry".

************************************************************************************
How is everyone doing on their do something healthy goals?  Here is what I did

Day 3:  5 mile hike on the beach
Day 4:  2 mile walk, push-ups, sit ups
Day 5:  lunges, push-ups, sit-ups
Day 6:  2 mile walk

See - it doesn't have to be anything too crazy - I was about to go to bed on Day 5 when I realized I had not done anything healthy - trust me it wasn't much, but I still felt good about it. 




1 comment:

  1. What a cute Lil post!! I am a friend of Gloria's and i just started my own blog and I am truly excited to keep reading yours!!!! :) love the part where you couldn't believe your hubby asked you that! Lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs