Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 370 - Mom's gone wild

I had a horrible anxiety dream all night long.

This weekend is a long planned, long awaited, weekend away with some friends I have made through the Eikenkids over the years.  Four women who helped with the kids, with meals, with moral support over the last year.

In my dream I was meeting up with them in the early morning for our drive down to the coast.

As I was jumping into the car I notice that I have a text from my nanny, saying she is sick and will not be able to watch the kids today.

I decide to ignore the blinking message (sorry Doug!) and jump in the car.  After a few minutes I realize I have forgotten my computer, and have to jump out and back into my building in order to try and sneak into the house to retrieve it.

Up the elevator I go (with Benicio del Torro!), only to get stuck, then to realize I don't really need my computer, I just need to send an email from my phone.

Once the elevator starts up again, I hop out into the early morning darkness of my childhood neighborhood, looking for my friends.

We keep just missing each other, like in some tiresome Romantic Comedy, or the movie Serendipity.

When I finally woke up I realized how much I had been looking forward to this weekend.

***********************************************************************************
Day 2:  How are you doing on your one healthy thing a day?  Yesterday for me it was a long walk, a lot of water, and no candy.  (see - I am even counting the small things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs