Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 368- let's get physical

One of the things that I promised myself during the last year was once I was feeling better I would get back in shape.

Originally I thought that after radiation I would jump right into training for a half marathon. What I quickly realized was that my body had not fully healed from my surgeries.

Running was going to have to wait.

The last few days I have been feeling the best I have in over a year.

Today I had a check up with my radiologist which consisted of him pinching all parts of my body, me giggling, and him not. Then sending me on my way, with my next appointment in September.

So, with an hour to spare, I decided to head to the gym.

And I am making a promise that everyday, for the next 365, I am going to stop and do something healthy for myself. Somedays this may be a long hike, other days I may only be able to fit in a few push-ups.

My feeling is, if for the last 365 days I was able to make time for a myriad of Dr.'s appointments, treatments, etc, I need to now make time for much more enjoyable and healthy pursuits.

 I am hoping some of you will join me.

 I am hoping this inspires you to be healthy, and take better care of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs