Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 341 - I am Mad

For Mad Men.

I have never been obsessed with a TV show - but from the very beginning I have loved Mad Men.

Doug and I watch it together, usually on Monday, since staying up past 10pm on any night is difficult for us.

Last night we got caught up on Sunday nights episode, and for a while there it was feeling really close to home.

First off, Don has a new secretary, named Dawn.  Everyone one in the office found this infinitely hilarious.  Having grown up in a house with a father named Don, I can assure you the joke gets really old.

Fast.

Next up, Betty, Don's ex-wife, has a tumor removed from her thyroid, and has to wait a handful of days to learn if it is cancer or not.

There is a sweet scene where she sits in her yard, with her youngest son in her lap, as her two older children run around with sparklers.  You can see that she is taking it all in, enjoying the sweetness of it all.

It felt like a scene from my own life.  A moment in time that you would want to live over and over if you could.

Happily for Betty the tumor is benign.

I was relieved, the last thing I want is my favorite show to be tarnished with stupid cancer.

The name thing was tough enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs