Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 340 - A fog has lifted

I wrote about how a few days ago I woke up and felt that this whole cancer business was behind me.

Today, after work, I went to the gym, determined to really work out.  To push myself, and see what I could do.

40 minutes later I was red faced, and dripping sweat.  Real, hard earned sweat.

And it felt so good.

As I lay stretching, I had a moment of feeling sorry for myself.  Of wanting the whole gym to appreciate me being there, to understand what I have been through, pat me on my back, and send me on my way.

And then I thought, get over yourself.

You are alive.

You are capable of anything.

And the only person who needs to appreciate what you have been through is you.

Heal and Deal.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs