Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 344 - Play Ball!

Easter is my least favorite holiday.  Sorry for those of you who love peeps, chocolate bunnies, hiding eggs, endless brunches, and honey baked ham.

Part of the problem with Easter is that it always happens to land on a Sunday.

Go figure. :)

Sunday is the worst possible day for a holiday in my opinion.

I like a little more relaxation in my Sunday than Easter can provide.

This Easter Doug and I thought it was really great that we slept in.  The children had somehow entertained themselves with their Easter Baskets...

By eating most of their candy.

Within a few hours Harris was speaking in tongues, Harper had a tummy ache, and Graham was running around like "Kevin" in Home Alone.

After the sugar crash, we were able to right the Eikenberry ship with a trip to the park and Graham's first baseball practice.

I had to admit my jealousy as he laced up his new cleats, grabbed his mitt, and met his new teammates.  I love everything about baseball (and softball), except the fact that I am no longer the one who gets to play.

So maybe there is something I like about Easter.

It means it's time for baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs