Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 333 - vacation

Oh the pure luxury of vacation. The hours of pure nothingness. My life becomes so simple on vacation.

Most people use vacations as a way to escape from reality. I used to be the same way.

But this vacation, our first since I finished my active treatment, is all about reality.

Tonight, as we sat outside together having dinner, I asked the kids what their favorite part of the day was.

Each one had an answer that was wrapped in the simple act of their parents spending time with them.

For Graham it was playing baseball with Doug.

For Harper it was swimming in the pool all day.

For Harris it was when I sat and helped him with his sticker book.

For me it was every single minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs