Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 335 - Well

We didn't win the half a billion dollar jackpot tonight.

As far as I am concerned the only reason to win is to be able to fly via private jet for the remainder of my life.

Otherwise, as this year has taught me, I have everything I need.

We are having an amazing family vacation.

My favorite part of today was when we were all in the pool together. My little tribe of five.

I was trying to remember what we did last year for Spring Break, and then I realized, we spent a few days up at our mountain house skiing.

The next week we would be thrown into the insanity of cancer.

As a fellow cancer survivor put it to me last week, "cancer is a heartless thief"

It robbed me of a year of my life.

But it also gave me such clarity, and helped me realize that the best part of any day could be found in a simple moment, in a swimming pool, that goes unnoticed by the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs