Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 298 - How we met

I love the story of how my parents met.

My mom, an Oklahoma native, had moved to sunny Southern California for the promise of a teaching job that I think paid a little more than the one she could get back home.

On the night she met my father, she had been stood up by some cad (imagine)  and went, with a girlfriend, to a party down the road.

She ran into my father in the kitchen, where he stood, all 6'7" of him, with his elbow leaning on the top of the refrigerator.

My mom turned to her friend and said, "I am going to marry that man some day."

What I love so much about this story is it demonstrates that in my family, once you set your mind to do something, you do it.

Which is why I want to tell you all.

"I am going to be done with radiation treatment on Friday, and I am never going to ever go back".

Heal and Deal

1 comment:

  1. After my last radiation treatment for my "lymphoma light" incident I told the gal at the check in that I loved them all, they were great, but I never ever wanted to see them again. 7 years later I have only been back once and that was just to say hi and say see I'm still here and lymphoma free.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs