Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 296

While I will be receiving Herception every three weeks until July, I feel like this week is the end of intense treatment, my last week of radiation.

It begins tomorrow with what is called a "boost". Basically my position will be changed, and the focus will narrow to the scar that runs the length of my left breast. For some reason, if cancer thought it would try and reoccur in breast tissue, this is the likely place.

When I asked my radiologist why he simply said, "no one has any idea".

Comforting...

I am incredibly relieved that after Friday I can really focus on my body healing. I love my body. It is not Hollywood perfect (not by a long shot), but for the last 41 years it has done everything I have asked of it.

Including beating cancer.

And, always one up for a challenge I have decided that I am going to get out on the road, and train for the Portland Rock and Roll half marathon.

Race day is May 20th.

My bib is going to say:

A year ago I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer.
16 rounds of chemo, 3 surgeries and 33 doses of radiation got me to today.
I am running in honor of everyone who supported me.

But most of all I am running for myself

1 comment:

  1. You're so awesome-- You hit the home stretch and you're already planning the next race! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs