Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 293 - Blue

Last night we headed to school for the Kindergarten musical performance.  It was so fun to watch all the kids sing their hearts out, even if we were all squished into auditorium seats meant for people in the 1920's.

I worried about Harper.  She spent part of the performance twirling her hair, scratching her nose, but then every once in a while a verse would really mean something to her, and she would belt it out like her life depended on it.

Harris snuggled into Doug's lap, Graham sat next to me.

I was enjoying this little, simple moment.  Lost in the innocence of it all.  Wishing my kids could stay little sweet babies forever.

The last song of the night was about the colors of the rainbow.  It was obvious that this was Harper's favorite.

When they got to singing about blue, Graham tapped me on the shoulder and said,

"Mom did you know that scientifically blue is not a color".

Back to reality I landed.  My kids are growing up.  There is nothing I can do about it.

Except to just sit back, and watch it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs