Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 286 - A new day

Like I have said before, radiation is the lonely cancer treatment.  It is so totally not social and fun like chemo was!  And because the visible effects are hidden under clothing, it is easy to forget anything is actually happening.  Some days even for me.

This morning Doug and I left the house at the exact same time.  We were trunk to tail until I had to take the fork in the road that leads me to the hospital.

Doug called and said he felt really sad when he looked in the rearview mirror and saw my car fade away.  Until that moment he had totally forgot how I spend my mornings.

Today was a rough day in the radiology lab.  There was a new pediatric patient, a little girl.  She fought sedation, so they had to end her treatment early.  I overheard the Dr.'s speaking with her parents.  He said 99% of the time it is great to have a kid with such a fighting spirit, just not on the day when they need to lay still for over an hour.

I thought she and Harper would get along great.  Another little bossy.

And I thought she, like me, will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs