Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 289 - making a few turns

Today was a day I will never forget. We got all 3 kids up to the mountain, on skis (snowboard for Graham), and Doug and I got a chance to hit the slopes together, alone.

Anyone who has ever attempted to get 3 kids up, fed, dressed, excited, happy, to ski can relate to the bit of black cloud that was floating over my head, when at 9:30m we were still checking the kids into ski school.

Doug turned to me and said, "We are in no hurry here...just enjoy the moment.".

Within 5 minutes all the kids were whisked away, and we were told to have no contact with them until pick-up at 3pm (promise?).

Doug and I sat, had a nice warm libation, then walked out to the snowy sunshine and hit the slopes.

It was an epic day for most people on the mountain. A foot of snow the day before, now not a cloud in the sky. At the top you could see the cascade range in each direction.

For me it was honestly a day I was not sure I would ever see. Three months ago I couldn't lift my arm over my head, but as Doug reminded me, "If anyone can do this you can."

When we were finished I sat in the car and just cried. It had been such a great day. I was so happy to have been able to really participate in it.

I enjoyed every moment.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know Jenna is now teaching little ones how to ski? I'm sure she would have loved to whisk your little ones away to let you and Doug spend the day together!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs