Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 285 - Harper Rexie Roo

 

I love this kid.  She is so much fun.  Look at that happy smilie face.

One of the best things about Harper is she is super bossy.

Some days her stubborn bossy ways almost drive me to drink.  But then I just look at her, and I feel like I am talking to myself.  My 5 year old self.  And I have to laugh.

I think my mother feels vindicated that I have a kid like Harper.  She loves that Harper always has to have the last word, since that was my MO most of my childhood.

A few months ago I got a call from the principals office to let me know there had been an "incident" at school.  My first thought was, "what did Harper do?".

The long and the short of it is a boy in her class spanked her on the bottom.  I guess Harper let him, and the entire Elementary school know that this was not acceptable.

To quote the principal, "You are not going to have to worry about Harper speaking up for herself".

No kidding.

So I am thankful she is like me.  I know she will be able to handle whatever comes her way, maybe a little louder, maybe a little off kilter, but handle it she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs