Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 279 - Pink Stinks

Yesterday morning I woke up, sat in front of my computer, and wrote about the importance of getting a mammogram.  I had not yet read the news of the day that has been burning up blogs ever since.  That the Susan B. Komen foundation was going to pull funding from Planned Parenthood, which effectively makes it harder for under-served women to get mammograms.

Planned Parenthood suffers from a severe image problem, as it is most closely associated as a place one would go to get an abortion.  But the majority of the services they provide are for women's HEALTH.

Now I don't know about you, but I have always had health insurance, but if I was one of the millions of  American women who were under insured PP would probably be the place where I went for my annual Pap, my birth control, my mammogram.

In fact my PP doctor would likely be my primary health care provider.

Without him/her, I may not know when/where to get a mammogram, and probably could not afford one.

I have never been a big fan of pink, or ribbons for that matter.

I am even less so now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs