Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 281 - The curls get the girls

I am pretty confident that I am going to survive this whole cancer thing, but I am not so sure I am going to make it through the various wacky grow out periods my hair is currently providing me.

It is so insanely curly, and thick, that I literally have a helmet of hair.  

I have chemo-curls in spades.

My current haircut has that 1950's female PE teacher je ne sais quoi.   

I am a pretty non-nonsense girl - but my non-nonsense hair is, well, nonsense.

A few weeks ago it was kind of cute - but in the last week it has taken a turn towards tortured.

Above my ears I now have these crazy wings.  I tried to flatiron them into submission but only ended up burning the top of one ear, and creating even larger, longer, and flatter wings.

And as much as I would love to hide it, I am so over wearing hats that I am just going to have to grin and bear it.

After all I have been through, I can't believe this is going to be the most painful part.

Maybe I will have to go back to my pink mohawk.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs