Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 259 - Brody

Like I mentioned the other day my daily dose of radiation comes with a daily dose of reality.

I park by the same mini van every morning. The back window decorated with those stick figure family stickers, mom, dad, 4 kids, dog, names below.

Today I also noticed a huge sticker on the back "Brody's Army".

Brody's stick figure sticker shows that he is the youngest in the family.

I see him every morning at around 8:15, yet he will never see me.

He is dreaming as I walk by, slowly waking from the daily sedation he receives so he can lay still for his radiation treatments.

And I remind myself that life, while not fair, is still great.

And I remind myself that cancer is not a death sentence.

And I remind myself that in 5 weeks I can put this all behind me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dawn - you are in my daily prayers and you remain my hero as does Brady. My love to you and the family - love joyce

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs