Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 261 - Reality Check

  When you are told you have cancer the first thing that pops into your mind is:



There is no avoiding it.  Meandering around in our daily lives our mortality pops up once in a while.  You read a sad story.  You hear about a tragedy, and you are thankful for a moment that it is not you, and you move on. 

Then one day, it becomes your reality.

After I was diagnosed, Doug and I were grocery shopping and in walked a group of kids dressed in costume.  I rounded the corner, and there standing in front of me was the Grim Reaper.

For a moment, in the cereal aisle, it was just me and the Reaper.  I am not sure who flinched first, all I know is we both turned tail and got out of there as quickly as possible.

I have often wondered what the kid, who so smugly thought dressing as the symbol of death was a good idea, thought when he saw the bald chick. 

Was I an omen to him? 

Did I scare him away?

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs