Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAY 257 - I have a dream.

My day yesterday looked like this:

Radiation
Massage
Echo Cardiogram
Lunch with Doug
Shopping
Dinner with Girlfriends

Radiation was what it was.  I did notice another patient yesterday, and as a parent lets just say I am so thankful that I am the member of my family receiving daily radiation.

Massage.  My massage therapist is the best person Doug has introduced me to in the last year.  She finds all the places that need a little extra attention and then she finds some more.  

Echo Cardiogram.  My every 3 week dose of Herceptin does a lot of things right.  One of the things it does wrong is that it can mess up your heart.  I had a small cough at my last appointment and my Dr. looked panic stricken.  (did you know a persistent cough is a signal for a lot of things that can be going haywire in your body?  Including congestive heart failure - which I don't have, but is one of the side effects of Herceptin).

Oh and because my cancer was on my left side, and I am receiving radiation to my left side, my heart is taking a beating (!) from that too.  Thus the Echo Cardiograms every two months.  

Lunch with Doug.  We talked about the past year - what it has taught us so far - and how lucky we have felt in our lives.  Oh and also how crazy Harris is.  

Shopping.  I bought my two best girls a tiny token of my appreciation.  I said if I could have afforded it, I would have bought them each a Cartier LOVE bracelet, screwed it on, and tossed away the key.  

Dinner.  My friend Aimee turned 41 and we celebrated with laughter, tears, and Mexican.  

Home.  The house was quiet when I pulled in.  I kissed everyone good night and finally went to bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs