Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 238 - Flash

One of the oh so many perks of going through chemo therapy is that it typically causes menopause, sometimes temporary, other times permanent.

Chemo kids like to call it Chemopause...so clever.

It mixes really well with my Chemobrain + Momnesia

I don't have a big problem with it, except for one aspect, HOT flashes.

Sometimes the flashes are more like a contraction.  They build, and build, and build, and right before you feel like you may internally cumbust, they slowly abate.

Other times they arrive in a flash (ha!), and disappear just as quickly.

The worst is when they arrive and induce an Albert Brooks / Broadcast News flop sweat.  This happens about once a day, and I find it about as funny as he did - which means not at all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dawn I love reading your post !!!!! Don't think of Hot Flashes as HOT FLASHES , I prefer to think of them as a SHORT PRIVATE TROPICAL VACATION that I get to go on more than once aday. I had a complete historectamy right after Lucy Closed and I'm still going thru it . Keep strong and keep moving on !!!! Miss Ya !!! Cheri Juhl

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs