Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 228 - Who's the bigger boob?

Over the last 228 days an overwhelming abundance of amazing things have been said, written, and thought about me. 

But every once in a while incredibly stupid things have been said too.

"I hope they caught it in time"
"I never want to get cancer"
"How long do you have to live?"

As crazy as those interactions were, what happened last night took the cake.

I was out with Doug and happened upon someone I have met before, but I reintroduced myself since he didn't seem to be able to place me. 

"Ken" replied, "oh yeah you are Doug's wife, the one with cancer".

And without pausing to take a breath he said.

"Are you going to go for bigger boobs?"

I felt like Cindy Brady looking at the red light.  I just sat there, staring, not blinking, not knowing what to say.

I consider myself a pretty smart, witty person.  But I had nothing.  The gaffe was so phenomenal I could not believe it was happening, in real time, to me.

So I simply walked away.

For those of you wondering, no I am not going for bigger boobs. 

But rest assured, they will be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs