Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 227 - Hi, my name is Dawnn and I had cancer...

Awkward cancer moment #342

My new boss started this week.  Officially.  We have had a few meetings together over the last several weeks, but today was the first time that we were able to sit down together one on one.

We dove right into business - she wanted to know where she could support me, etc, the usual new boss stuff.

At the end she asked me if there was anything else, so I offered, "we should go over where I am with my cancer treatment..."

Blank stare...

"You have cancer?"

Blink, blink, blink.

"Um, I thought you knew..."

blink...

"You would be surprised by what I do not know."

small laugh

"Do you seriously think I would choose to wear my hair this way?"

So I gave her the cliff notes version of where I have been, and what is next regarding my treatment. 

Then I showed her the photo of my office full of balloons and told her, "the team you are working with did that for me".

And then she cried.

I think we are going to get along just fine.

1 comment:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs