Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 226 - Trust

A week after I was diagnosed, Doug and I kept a previosly scheduled appointment with our lawyer. We had finally shamed ourselves enough to create a trust for our children, as well as our advanced health care directives.

I have always been one to love irony, but the timing was ridiculous.

For years I have joked to Doug to, "Drive safe" since it is my firm belief that if he were to leave me a widow no one in their right mind would want to take on a 40+ year old woman with 3 small kids.

He asked me how long it would be before I cleared out everything in the garage, to which I replied, "about 30 days".

Once I got cancer, this became a little less funny.

Actually a lot less.

Because in all previous scenarios I was the one who got to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs