Friday, November 4, 2011

Day- 193 I have had my fill

The last week has been a whirlwind.

Each day I felt a little better, and was out and about a lot. Had coffee dates, lunch dates, pick up kid dates, and a million Dr.'s appointments.

I think there should be a special parking spot for me at Good Sam. I was there literally every day this week.

Today was the most memorable appointment. It was the first time I saw my plastic surgeon after my surgery.

He was really surprised when I told him I was going to need radiation. He told me that during surgery they do a quick pathology and it came back zero cancer. After surgery they always send samples for more extensive testing.

That is when they came back with small signs of residual cancer. He said that the first test is 90% accurate which explains his surprise.

I still have some decisions to make regarding how quickly radiation will start, but will get to that in a few weeks.

For now it's all about expansion, which looks something like this:

Dr. Z fills two huge syringes with saline.

He uses a magnet to locate the ports that are a part of each of my expanders.

A needle is inserted (think Pulp Fiction), "that won't hurt a bit" (I beg to differ).

And you literally watch as your boobies grow right before your eyes.

Now I feel like I am wearing a cement bra.

Just in time for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs