Tuesday, November 22, 2011

211- In Treatment


Doug accompanied me to my treatment appointment yesterday.  It is strange to be going to the oncologist office only once every 3 weeks, but it is nice to receive treatment and have zero side effects.

We had a sit down with Dr. Rasch to go over what my next steps are, as far as treatment goes.  He felt it was a good time to begin my Tamoxifen regimen.  Doug was shocked to learn that I would be on it for 5 years.  But considering the amazing results it produces in people like me, I am thankful it is available.


When it comes to Breast Cancer I have the good and bad kind all mixed together.  Mine is invasive - which means it spreads quickly, but it is also estrogen and HER2 positive, which means there are treatments other than Chemo that help keep it at bay. 



On another note, we have serious hair growth going on right now.
Not sure if it is curly or straight, but it is safe to say that it is grey.  

If you had the pleasure of knowing my father, you will notice that I not only inherited his crazy cowlicks, but that sweet grey patch he had up front.  When my older sister Andrea saw it she said,"your hair looks just like dads!"  Which kind of makes me want to keep it this way...

Have you thought of what you are Thankful for this year?  My list is long, and growing each day.  Can't wait to share it with you on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs