Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 189 - Halloween

The Eikenkids got to dress up as their alter egos today.

Graham decided to dress as his favorite animal - a Shark.  A misunderstood fish that gets a bad rap every once for taking bites out of surfers and scuba divers.

Harper dressed, like last year, as a unicorn - horsey - pegasus.  Let it be known that she wore the same costume as last year, a costume that was about 2 sizes too small then.  We made some modifications, but I must say she did look like she was in pain half way through the night.

Harris went as Spider Man.  But not the red and blue one, the midnight blue one.  Yes he likes to wear tights, and yes he was upset that I didn't have black boots for him to wear.

As I watched them I wondered if they could really change their identity would they. 

Then I thought, if given the chance would I.

And as interesting as being a rock star, an astronaut, or winning the Pulitzer sounds to me, I wouldn't step out of my life for anything.

So tonight I put on my favorite costume.

I went as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs