Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 187 - Nature

Or Nurture

I have been taken care of in many ways for the last 187 days. 

I am not sure when I needed it most. 

Was it the first few weeks after finding out?  When friends took my kids so Doug and I could sort through the myriad of emotions that were flying at us each hour.

How about the night all of you came and cut braids off my head.

Maybe it was when I started to receive chemo and the meals were organised, buddies were arranged, and prayers were given.

Balloons...

Or perhaps it was the past two weeks when I was immobilized.  When the women in my life fed my children, bathed them, read them goodnight stories, walked them to school.

It could have been when girlfriends looked at my scars and didn't flinch.

The days when cards from old teammates and coaches land in my mailbox just in time.

All of it has helped.

I thought the healing from chemo was going to be the hardest part. 

Never have I been so wrong.

The nurses made me take my Heal & Deal necklace off for surgery.

I put it back on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs