Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 182 - it takes a village

My tribe has surrounded me this week. My mom and sisters take care of me and the eikenkids as I try to lay low. Dear friends bring food for everyone. Flowers pour in. Girlfriends visit.

Today I had a visit from my friend Allison, who readers of this blog know lost her daughter Kayla in a terrible accident this summer.

It has been a life changing summer for both of us. But looking at Allison today I can honestly say we can survive anything. It takes hard work, it takes support, but we are resilient.

The news of my needing radiation has been tough to wrap my head around. It sort of feels like ending a marathon only to be told that the only way home is to retrace your steps.

I really want to get home.

An old friend wrote me today and said, "take a deep breath and charge ahead. It is a bump in an otherwise very long road. A road filled with love, beautiful children, amazing husband, friends and family".

She is so right.

I just needed a little reminder.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to look radiant until Spring. Winter is a good time to radiate. Kill it. Heal and Deal, Dawnn.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs