Friday, September 23, 2011

Day -152 Pretty Girl

Years ago, as part of the "leadership" team at lucy I was required to be phsychoanylized. No joke.

It looked something like this:

Receive a black eye from a two year old night before I am to fly to Arizona and sit with the mysterious Dr. Bud.

Arrive at the office, meet the Dr., receive his credentials (apparently he is the Dr.for the real Hannibal Lector, if you choose to believe his story).

He also tells me that he began his career working with incarcerated females. Many of whom suffered physical abuse.

Long mental pause as my brain realizes my shiner is distracting him.

He says,"You need to explain that black eye".

As I stumble along telling my very innocent story I suddenly become extremely self conscious of my arm and eye movements.

I touch my nose and think, "omg don't liars do that.".

Look up to the left and think, "omg liars totally do that!"

At the end of my story, that I am sure went on way to long, he stares me in the eye and says, "I will tell you at the end of the day if I believe you or not."

Game on.

The session went on forever. If you are that interested buy me a cocktail someday and I will tell you the whole story.

The best part was at the end when I received part of my diagnosis.

Dr. Bud, "You have pretty girl syndrome."

To which I replied, "You must be joking"

He explained that oftentimes the prettiest daughter in the family receives more positive attention from their father than other women in the family.

This results in the, "pretty girl" having an unshakable feeling that she can do anything in the world.

I told Bud the great thing about being my families, "pretty girl" was that I wasn't the only one. Both my sisters suffer from this syndrome as well

And I would say it want just because my dad paid special attention to us. My mom did too.

So to all those parents out there, raise "pretty Girls" and get out of the way.

1 comment:

  1. can we just clarify that this was after my time? you know, for when they make the movie and everything?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs