Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 107 - what age do you feel

Last night at the gym a young gal came up to me and said, " I used to have that haircut too".

For a second I thought she didn't quite understand why I had a bald head.  And then she asked, "are you undergoing treatment?".

This was the first time a perfect stranger came up to me and dove right in to cancer talk.  She was a year out, and the three things I noticed about here were:

1.  Her boobs looked really good.
2.  Her hair looked really good.
3.  She was dripping sweat from the gym

All of which made me very happy.  I asked her if she still thought about cancer.  And she said only when she see's other people who are going through it, otherwise it is a distant memory.

On the way home from the gym I was telling the kids it was a privledge to grow old.  Graham said age is just a number, and then he asked me how old I feel.

I said, "most days I feel like I am 25".

Graham said, "I feel like I am 4"

Harper said, "I feel like I am a teenager!"

I think Heal and Deal is going to take on a whole new meaning for me soon.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs