Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 74 - Chemo 2.0

So tomorrow I have my next round of Chemo treatments - this is when Taxol is added to my blood stream.  Hopefully I will actually be able to receive treatment since I have been fighting some ridiculous summer virus for the last few days that has sapped me of any energy, and honestly my sense of humor.

Being the competitive person that I am, the last thing I want to do is miss a treatment, but it is what it is as they say.  I had an emergency appointment with my acupuncturist yesterday and had more needles on my face than a porcupine last night.  Seems to have helped a ton, but the Western Dr.'s will have the last word tomorrow.

Doug is going to be my buddy, which will be a sort of macabre date night I suppose.

I keep having this fantasy that the Dr.'s are going to tell me that the first Chemo did the trick, and we can just cancel the remaining 12.  Magical Thinking I suppose, but don't crush this girls dreams. 

If not, don't worry about me, I will get through this.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs