Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 75 - Sometimes I am my worst enemy

Well no chemo for me today.  That is the bad news.  The good news is that we got to the bottom to why I have been feeling so terrible.

Seems my white blood cells have taken a small vacation, courtesy of my newly acquired "chemo brain", which joins my already severe case of  momnesia.  You see I completely forgot to get my immunity booster shot two Saturdays ago.  Without the shot my white blood cells take a powder, and my body begins to sort of shut down.

So let me be the poster child to all of you for what not to do while undergoing chemo.  Remember to get your anti nausea medication prescription filled, don't forget your booster shot.  Hopefully there will not be a third thing to this already depressing list!

I got the shot today and can already feel my fog lifting.  I actually spent the entire day out of bed, which I was honestly sort of melting into. We may have to flip the mattress this weekend to get my indentation out of it.

Doug is relieved to have me back.  He has been a trouper this past week.  Honestly I don't know how he does it - don't forget he works a full day and then gets to come home and take care of EVERYONE.  So anyone wanting to kidnap him for a round of golf, or just a peaceful moment come steal him - I will manage.

Back to Chemo - it is rescheduled for Tuesday as long as my counts jump back up, which I am confident will happen., and then we are off to the races again. 

Watch out world - tomorrow morning I will be back in fully Bossy mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs