Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 59 - Celebrate

I feel like sometimes having cancer is like being pregnant in the 50's.  Didn't women go into hiding as soon as they were showing - or wore huge terrible a-line shirts trying to fool the world that they had not swallowed a beach ball?

Trying to hide that you are going through chemo is sort of like that.  My head is bald, my skin is dry, and I am just pooped a lot of the time.  It is impossible to hide all of that - and I refuse to disappear from my life.

So tonight we are off to celebrate a great friend opening his second movie theater here in Portland.  What I am most proud of for tonight is that our friend is a cancer survivor who faced his diagnosis and battled his way through treatment to come out the other side changed for the better.

I am looking forward to the night when we can all say the same about me.



d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs