Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 60 - Parking

I am a big believer in Karma - and a huge fan of instant Karma.  A good example is typically found in the actions of my children.  One kid will bop the other on the head, and then two seconds later bang their leg on a table trying to escape, suffering a far more painful injury than the one administered 3 seconds previous. 

As John Lennon said, "Instant Karma's gonna get you, Gonna knock you right on the head".

Parking out at Nike requires serious karma.  If you are in the office by 7am then no problem.  But if you are running late, or say coming in from a Dr.'s appointment even 5 minutes after 8am you are smoked. 

However, if you have cancer it seems you will never have a problem finding the choicest of spots.  I keep thinking I should request a handicap parking pass, but the universe seems to be taking care of me in the parking department. 

Or it may just be cancer karma...

A lot of the tiny arguments that Doug and I have gotten in over the years seem to revolve around parking.  Being the New Yorker that he is, he feels like he has won the lottery if he can find a parking spot half a mile away from his destination.  I get this in NY - but this makes zero sense to me in the Costco parking lot. 

Women from California have the amazing ability to find parking even in the most desperate situations (black Friday at South Coast Plaza).  It is a simple technique - circle until you find someone leaving the mall...stalk them slowly until they hopefully jump in a car in your lane, park.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie.

Doug just thinks I suffer from magical thinking. 

Tomorrow I will take my good cancer karma, my magical thinking, and one of my oldest (and defiantly tallest)  friends with me to Chemo. 

And I am sure we will find a good parking spot.

d

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs