Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 58 - Five

My little girl turned 5 today - and overnight she seems to have grow up so much.  Her favorite color is still pink, she still dreams of becoming a Unicorn Horsey Pegasus someday, but she is also starting to shed her little girl skin.

I don't really want her to grow up - that is the hard part of being a parent, watching your children get older, since it inevitably means you are getting older too.  But in watching Harper, I also see myself reflected right back at me.  She is stubborn, she is feisty, she is super Bossy.

As for me, I am mentally preparing for the last of my "big" chemo treatments on Friday.  This is a bit of a milestone as I will be finishing off the more difficult of the cocktails I am receiving during my stay here in cancerland.  I am looking forward to this part being over, and moving onto my next phase of treatment.

Hopefully we will continue to progress in the same manner.  As I told a friend today chemo is not for the faint of heart.  But mine is big, and gorgeous, and ready to go - a lot like a 5 year old little girl.

d

1 comment:

  1. Love, love reading your blog and your heart-felt tributes to Doug, your dad, your kids and Elephant friends. Keep healing and dealing... and writing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs