Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 37 - I am bald

This reality hits me each morning when I wake up.  I have never been one to stare at my visage for more than the cursory, do I have any eye boogers, nose boogers, is my hair under control, moments.  So when I do catch a glimpse of my bald head in the mirror I am usually taken aback.

It's not so bad really - logically it should shorten your morning routine, but it adds one more piece of wardrobe you must consider each morning; hat or scarf. 

Trying to get pants, shoes, shirt and now hat/scarf to be coordinated in any sensible way can be a challenge, especially if you have only given yourself about 15 minutes to get it all together because of your significantly shorter morning routine, which now you realize needs to compensate for previously mentioned wardrobe issues.

And given that I only glimpse at myself in the mirror (we do not have a full length in our house - another challenge) I get to work some days and can't believe what I am wearing.  Which leads to a bigger question:

Will it freak everyone out if I just walk around with a bald head?

Yule Brenner did it, Michael Jordan does it - why not me?

Well it is actually not for me.  I have taken my hat off in my office a few times, and I feel, well, naked with out it.  I am not fooling anyone, it is obvious that my hair has gone missing, but very few women can really rock a totally bald head.  And people I am not one of them.

So hat and scarves it will be for the next 4 months - I am just going to have to give my self a little more time in the morning to get it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs