Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 38 - Sunshine

All our plans this weekend revolve around the weather.  As a friend said, "accuweather, if you are wrong about this warm and sunny weekend thing...."  All of us up here in the green, lush, beautiful NW are ready to get our sun on. 

Remind me to plan a warm getaway in May next year.  It really is the cruelest month in Oregon.  While the rest of the country is flirting with sunny 70+ degree days, we are still in our rain coats and boots.  And I could really go without the photos of sunny So Cal friends on Memorial Day weekend at the beach.  Here we freeze, on the coast.

Sure there are those who push the issue, and flatly refuse to wear the appropriate clothing past April.  I have seen a lot of wet flip flops this week, as if somehow the mere defiance of footwear could change the weather pattern.

So here's to a great weekend.  I am feeling much better now that the chemo has had a chance to work its way through my body.  Battles are raging within the cells of my body, which I can actually feel.  The good guys are winning each day.  And while I tend to live in the moment, I am looking forward to the sunshine to last all the way until September, when this will all be over.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs