Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 36 - 7 days

I think it has taken me the better part of 7 days to get back in the game.  My second round of Chemo really knocked me out.  Some moments I felt better than others, but it really got me down for a few days.  The thing with Chemo is it is cumulative...which is a big word for saying it just builds up and builds up in your body.  I am starting to feel and see the side effects.

So my Bossiness was at a bit of a lull.  But that is ok because I know I have a Bossy Posse behind me each and everyday.  It includes the neighborhood moms who take my kids for extended play dates, the lifelong friends that deliver dinner to our door, the meaningful conversations I have with new and old friends alike, my sister and her friend cooking us all breakfast on Sunday morning.

You all have no idea how much I feel your love, your thoughts, your well wishes each and every day.  I am totally humbled by it all.  Know that I am thinking of you, and thanking you as I go to bed each night.  This is not going unnoticed.

So with you all behind me I decided to get busy and bossy today at work - wore all black with a scarf my mom gave me, put on my favorite new platform shoes that literally make me about 6'4.  Strutting my bald self to a meeting and crash, bang, boom, pop goes the strap of my shoes.  Instead of looking like a confident chemo patient, I was hobbling along "campus" until my industrious friend and colleague found some duct tape and a stapler to rectify the situation.

Moral of the story - be bossy, take help when you need it, and get back in the game.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs