Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 51 - Marathon

Chemo sort of makes you feel like you are at mile 18.  If you have ever run the Portland Marathon, (which I will brag forever that I ran...once), you know what I am talking about.  After miles and miles of flat street scape, Mile 18 hits you with a climb over the St. John's Bridge.

Reaching mile 18 feels like you have accomplished a lot, it really does,but you really have not gotten anywhere, except a long way from home. 

At this point in the race there is simply no place to bail.  That is the beauty of this marathon, at around mile 22 there is no exit chute, no sag wagon, no one else to get you to the finish line except yourself.

You follow.

All of this is OK.  I have run a marathon, I have reached mile 18, and I have looked for an exit chute and realized that I didn't need one - I had people waiting for me at the finish line, cheering me on.

Bossy Bossy Bossy

d

1 comment:

  1. GO sistah GO!!! Just as I cheered for you at that finish line, I will always be just around the corner with my pancake pom pmos!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs