Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 50 - Worlds Best Patient

It is dawning on me that this whole worlds best patient contest really is not going to be very hard.  I have taken a look at my competition, and truthfully, I got this in the bag.

To highlight the lack of competitors let me tell you about the woman I met at Chemo on Friday.  She honestly looked me in the eye and told me that she was going to try to quit smoking before her surgery in 2 months. 

Now I am not sure if it is just me but seriously lady!  I quit drinking coffee the day I found out!  I am working on somehow removing sugar and white flour completely.  Pretty sure it is a decent idea to drop the CANCER STICKS.

All this got me to thinking about survival rates.  I didn't want to know anything about the survival rate of my cancer but stumbled upon it one day.  Nothing about it scares me because I know what side of that percentage I am going to be on.  And don't forget any survival rate also includes people who do not take this cancer thing too seriously - read the last paragraph again if you are not sure what I am talking about.

A friend of mine faced a much more dire survival rate, one that would give anyone pause.  His mantra to himself each morning, "why not me".  Today he lives cancer free. 

I think that is how we should all live our lives - be brave enough to ask, "why not me", and bossy enough to get what you want in life, and when you get thrown and bumpy patch - heal and deal.

d

1 comment:

  1. This might be my favorite post. And you are clearly cancer's worst nightmare. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs