Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 39 - "Harris, Daddy is just trying to teach you, and keep you safe"

I think Doug experienced his proudest parenting moment to date when Graham said that to Harris.  He said his heart warmed by 10 degrees in an instant.  Two things happened simultaneously.  Graham showed a maturity beyond his 6 years and Doug realized his words are getting through.

Doug is a pretty exceptional guy.  He is the rare man that is not intimidated, or concerned about his wife's success. 

He is the first to brag about any of my accomplishments, and has supported a career that takes me away from home more than most.  He lived through the crazy lucy years when all I could think about was that great company, and is now incredibly patient with me, even on my worst days.

He has always encouraged my Bossiness.  He is the most positive, kind person I know.  He has made me a much better Dawnn, rounded off my edges, warmed my heart.

Doug has been teaching me and keeping me safe for over 20 years.

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a 'like' button on your blog! So glad you have Doug! I have a Guidos apron I have been meaning to send up to you guys for 2 or 3 years now...isn't that where it all began?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs