Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 29 - 2 down - 14 more to go

Now that was a fun chemo treatment - really it was.  I got to catch up with one of my dearest friends - we made fun of my LAME admitting nurse, was told by my Dr. very matter a factly that my tumor was already shrinking, and that he didn't really feel anything in my lymph nodes anymore, and we had butterscotch candy (my FAVORITE).

So the tumor thing was great news - it just shows that the chemo is working.  Dr. K feels that by the end of these 4 treatments it will pretty much be gone.  So yes I did ask why do I then follow it up with 12 additional treatments - bonus chemo as I like to call it.  It's a great big insurance policy he said- so fine I will sign up for it.

I am already fantasizing about the vacation we will take at the end of this all, and Oregon Football games in the fall, and the cute short hair cut I will be sporting for a while. 

Only 14 more treatments to go

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn. I am Erica Lamazor's sister - Farah. Erica has told me a lot about you over the years. I just finished reading all of your posts. I have a friend who had the same C that you have and she just completed her 12 month journey. She is feeling great and she is now spending quality time with her husband and children. I am amazed by your strength and I absolutely love the way you write. You have reminded me how important it is to heal and deal. I hope to meet you someday. (p.s. I hope this only posts once because I was having issues getting it to post.) With love ~ Farah

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs