Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 18 - A little help from my friends

Acupuncture and a visit from Mom always makes one feel better.

We are taking a three pronged approach to my treatment - Chemo, Massage, Acupuncture.  One guess of the three that I enjoy the most...

Today was a visit with my amazing acupuncturist, who chatted with me for a while, stuck some needles into all sorts of body parts (remember Charlotte in Sex and the City?), and even treated me to some massage + cupping.  Now for those of you not in the know cupping is where they basically pull all the impurities out of your body using heated mason jars.  It took a really long time...ha!

The best part of the day was seeing my mom and sister Kristy.  I had not seen either since I was diagnosed, and was anxious to get hugs from them both.  Mom brought sweet wishes, cards, and gifts from friends in Huntington Beach, and Kristy bought me the cutest hat and earrings that I will be sporting after tomorrows shave down.

Did I mention that I am cutting all my hair off tomorrow - are you aware that you are ALL invited for the event:

New CHAP space
NW 16th and Savior
Saturday, May 14th
4pm - 7pm

Potluck
Bossier than cancer t's
Bossier than cancer wristbands
Bossier than cancer headshaving (dawnn), buzz cuts, or bang trimming.

Wear CHAP clothing as there will be lotza house paint and painting going on.  Be the nearly-first people to tag our new space.

BYOB - bring your own bossy
BYOK - bring your own, or others kids
BYOSHA - bring your own super healing attitudes.
BYFD - bring your favorite dish to share

Oh and don't forget this is a fun/fundraiser to benifit CHAP - Bring your spare change, checkbooks, etc!

1 comment:

  1. we'll be there for support, love and distraction. -kim and the crazy boys

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs