Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 19 - I love my hair

It is thick, and wavy, and has a crazy, now grey streaked, cowlick just like my dad had.  I can wash it in the morning and it will still be wet when I go to bed.  I go through a million rubber bands each year.  I can tie it in a knot, I can wear it in a high pony tail, a low pony tail, or just down.  It is probably too long, according to some people, for a 40 year old.  It is one of my better physical attributes.

I have kept it longish for a long time - more than 20 years.  Yes there have been flirtations with bangs, cutting it to my shoulders, layered all over the place.  But I always return to the same style, long.  Just like I wore it when I first met Doug.

Maintaining my hair took no maintenance at all.  I got it cut, and then when it got too long again, got it cut again.  I have never colored my hair - not for any paticular reason, mainly because I just could not find the time...but I had been considering it ever since I turned 40.

Tomorrow it all goes away - and with it I am sure part of my identity.  I feel like the So Cal teenager I used to be with my long hair - carefree and fun. 

We will see how I feel bald.  I worry for my mother - not because she will be upset seeing me without hair, but because it may remind her of my infant self - and according to her I was super Bossy.

Sweet Dreams Rapunzel - you bossy wench.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs