Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 20 - Doug

If you had a husband like me you would be bossier than cancer too...

This photo says it all.  Doug has been my best friend for over 20 years, a passionate supporter of my every move.  He did not flinch at the idea of cutting my hair in front of all of our loved ones, and today just keeps rubbing my head and saying how beautiful I look.



 We are at the beginning of all of this - only 15 more treatments to go.  But as Doug keeps reminding me, we have to start it to get to the end of it all.  There are two things I know for sure - I will be cancer free in September, and Doug will be right by my side for the whole thing.

A big shout out to all my peeps now sporting shaved heads - most especially to one of our best friends, Jonny, who shaved his head yesterday all the way in NYC.  I would do the same for each and every one of you, but I pray I never have to.

BTW - when you shave your head it feels, hot, cold, wet, dry, and tingly all at the same time.  I will be sporting one of the many hats I now have in my collection thanks to gifts from friends, and a great shopping spree with my mom today.

Bald and Bossy,

d



1 comment:

  1. Dawnn - That photo of Doug cradling your head touched me so much - his love for you was easy to capture and inspiring to witness last night!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs